THE GIST RAPTORS CONTEST - WIN HOME OPENER TICKETS CONTEST RULES (the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO ONTARIO RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on Friday, September 21, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Friday, October 5, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is ONLY OPEN TO THOSE WHO SUBSCRIBE TO THE GIST “THE SPONSOR” THROUGH THE GIST’S FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM advertisements during the Contest Period. It is only open to those who are residents of Ontario who are 19+ at the time of entry. All existing subscribers to The GIST Weekly Newsletter as of the beginning of the Contest Period are NOT eligible for this contest.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must:
a. Have a valid Facebook account or Instagram account (an “Account”). If you do not have an Account, visit www.facebook.com or www.instagram.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Facebook or Instagram account.
b. During the Contest Period, using your Account, submit your name and email address by filling out the advertisement’s associated form.
d. Comply with Facebook & Instagram Terms of Service and Facebook & Instagram Rules available at www.facebook.com.
4) Your email must comply with the following specifications (the “Email Specifications”):
It must be your authentic personal email. Creating a fake email does not qualify as authentic.
Your email must not be associated with an existing subscription r to The GIST Weekly Newsletter as of the start of the “Contest Period”.
5) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest when you provide your email address as described in Section 3 and in accordance with these Rules. LIMIT (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/ACCOUNT DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD (regardless of how many times you submit an email address). For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) Account to participate in the Contest. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than one account during the Contest Period, then all your Entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR EMAIL MAY BE SUBSCRIBED TO THE GIST WEEKLY NEWSLETTER. YOU MAY UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE NEWSLETTER AND ANY FURTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE GIST AT ANY TIME FOLLOWING THE CONTEST PERIOD ABOVE. YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WILL NOT BE SHARED WITH ANY THIRD PARTIES.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
6) On Friday, October 5, in Toronto, ON at approximately 11:00 a.m. ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7) Before being declared a winner: the entrant selected by random draw will be contacted by email and notified that he/she is eligible to win upon successful completion of the following conditions. The selected entrant must reply to the notifying email within one (1) business day of notification and provide The Sponsor with a contact phone number. The selected entrant will be telephoned at this number and must then correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. The Sponsor will then email, and the selected entrant will be required to sign and return within one (1) business day of notification, a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
a. confirms compliance with the Contest Rules;
b. releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the Contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
c. grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name and/or Account and/or email in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation.
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by email within one (1) calendar day of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the Grand Prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
8) Grand Prize: There will be one (1) Grand Prize available to be won, consisting of two (2) electronic tickets for Section 102, Row 26 to the Toronto Raptors Home Opener game on Wednesday, October 17 at 7:00PM EST at Scotiabank Arena (approximate retail value $260 CDN).
NOTE: The Grand Prize is limited to the description above. It does not include, and the Sponsor will not pay for, transportation to and/or from the Game. The winner must arrange for their own transportation, accommodation, and spending money.
The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Account.
9) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
10) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
11) You must warrant that your email meets the Email Specifications, set out above. Sponsor reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any email that the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines does not meet the Email Specifications.
12) Sponsor’s right to use your Account: You acknowledge that your account name or handle may appear in other electronic and print materials related to the Contest, including promotional materials. By submitting an email to this Contest, you irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant Sponsor the right to use, publish, your account name or handle embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all your rights, including moral rights, without notice or compensation, and agree that you may be required to sign a release to that effect.
13) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
14) By entering the Contest and submitting an email address, each entrant:
(i) agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the Contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the account & email submission. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any email if a complaint is received with respect to the email, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the email (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any Account and/or email does not comply with these Rules for any reason at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify email (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant.
15) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple account names or email accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify an entrant from entering, participating, winning the Grand Prize, and preclude an entrant from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
16) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the websites or applications during the Contest; for a technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
17) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the Authorized Account Holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
19) The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, Facebook or Instagram. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor, not Facebook or Instagram.
20) The successful entrant and Grand Prize winner agrees to release the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the Contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability, injury or loss resulting from claiming the Grand Prize and attending the Raptors Home Opener. The full details of this limitation of liability will be included in a liability/publicity release, to which the successful entrant must agree to be granted the Grand Prize.
If you would like to: access, correct, or amend any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information about the way in which we or our third party service providers treat your personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
The GIST Ltd.
50 Camden Street, Suite 703
Toronto, ON, M5V 3N1
Last Updated September 20, 2018